Oxford, MS Personal Injury Attorneys
When your life has been turned upside down by a serious accident or injury resulting from the wrongful behavior or negligence of another party, you may wonder how you can possibly receive justice. In a situation where liability is in question, an insurance company isn’t treating you fairly, or your financial losses are piling up, you need someone who can stand up for your rights and interests.
At Smith Murphy Law, we believe you shouldn’t have to shoulder these burdens on your own. Our seasoned Mississippi personal injury attorneys will handle your claim efficiently and fight to maximize your financial recovery. When you work with us, we will help you move forward from this negative experience as we pursue the compensation and justice you deserve. Contact our office today to schedule a free, no-obligation consultation.
How an Oxford, MS Personal Injury Lawyer Can Help
If you or someone you love has been seriously hurt due to someone else’s carelessness or negligence, you may be facing some startling life changes. It’s unfair that you should have to deal with mounting medical bills, lost wages, and the stress of dealing with a personal injury claim on your own. Help is available.
At Smith Murphy Law, our Mississippi accident injury lawyers have years of experience fighting for the interests of clients just like you. We understand the consequences of an accident and the ways insurance companies can try to take advantage of your vulnerability. Our law firm uses its knowledge and experience to aggressively advocate for fair treatment and maximum compensation so that you can move forward with your life.
When you choose our law firm to represent you, you can trust your personal injury attorney to:
- Launch an independent accident investigation — Evidence can disappear quickly, and witness memories can fade. We will launch an immediate fact-finding investigation to support your claim.
- Secure the services you need and deserve — Our law firm will make sure you get the medical treatment you need without concern about who will pay the ongoing bills.
- Identify liable parties and prove fault — Liability is not obvious in every case. We know how to determine fault and will hire experts when necessary to build the strongest case possible.
- Document the severity of your damages — Losses can pile up quickly in personal injury cases. We will document the full extent of your damages so that you can receive the full compensation you deserve.
- Secure a positive case resolution — Our law firm will aggressively negotiate a fair settlement with the insurance company. In circumstances where settlement can’t be reached, we are always willing to take your case to court.
If you are ready to hand this burden off to a skilled personal injury attorney, please contact our law firm today.
Types of Mississippi Personal Injury Cases We Handle
Our firm represents clients throughout the Oxford area who have been hurt because of someone else’s negligence or reckless actions. Some of the most common types of personal injury cases we handle include:
- Car Accidents
- Truck Accidents
- Motorcycle Accidents
- Bicycle Accidents
- Pedestrian Accidents
- Dangerous Products
- Premises Liability
- Slip and Falls
- Medical Malpractice
- Catastrophic Injuries
- Wrongful Death
If you are confused and frustrated about what to do after an injury that wasn’t your fault, we want to help. Our Oxford personal injury lawyers will work diligently on your behalf and deliver the strong personalized representation you deserve.
Compensation Available in Mississippi Personal Injury Cases
It’s tough to place a dollar figure on a new personal injury case. In fact, you should be suspicious of any attorney who makes these types of promises. Our law firm won’t discuss settlement until you recover or reach maximum medical improvement (MMI).
Personal injuries can be incredibly costly, and we will fight for the full compensation you deserve from the responsible parties. Some of the damages you may be able to pursue in a personal injury claim include:
- Medical expenses — This includes doctor and hospital visits, surgeries, diagnostic testing, medication, rehabilitative therapy, etc. It includes the cost of current and future medical care.
- Lost income — If you are forced to lose time from work due to an injury, you are entitled to be compensated for it.
- Reduced earning capacity — If you are unable to resume your same occupation, you have the right to damages for reduced earning capacity.
- Pain and suffering — You should also be compensated for the pain and suffering you endure after an accident, which can be significant.
An insurance company might offer you a fast settlement, hoping you will accept the deal and move on. It’s never a good idea to speak with these adjusters, much less accept their low-ball offers. Early settlements are never in your best interests. Instead, you should speak with a personal injury lawyer who can deal with the insurance company on your behalf.
Mississippi Personal Injury Laws That Could Impact Your Outcome
Personal injury law allows a private person to make a claim against another party they accuse of wrongful conduct or negligence that caused their injury. But Mississippi has several laws that could impact the outcome of your case.
Shared Fault in Mississippi
It’s not uncommon for the other party’s insurance company to argue that you might be partially responsible for the accident. Mississippi uses a “pure comparative negligence” rule, meaning your total compensation will be reduced by an amount equal to your percentage of fault.
Deadlines for Filing a Lawsuit
Similar to every other state, there is a time limit for filing a personal injury lawsuit. Called the statute of limitations, you have just three years from the date of the accident to file suit in Mississippi. But you shouldn’t wait this long to pursue your case.
Speak With an Oxford, MS Personal Injury Lawyer
When it comes to your personal injury case, experience is key. At Smith Murphy Law in Oxford, MS, we have an extensive background working on a wide variety of injury cases. We know what works, what doesn’t and we are ready to fight for your rights.
If you’re concerned about the cost of a personal injury attorney, you can rest easy. Our firm handles these types of cases on a contingency fee basis. That means you don’t pay us anything unless we win your case. Call (662) 832-7879 or contact us online to schedule your free consultation now.